With the Fourth of July just around the corner, please take a moment to review the City's fireworks rules:
- It is illegal to discharge bottle rockets within the City.
It is illegal to use, ignite or discharge any fireworks within any of the following areas in the City:
- Within 125 feet of any building or structure, 600 feet of any church, hospital, medical facility, asylum, public school, library or day care facility or within 300 feet of a permanent structure where fireworks are stored, sold or offered for sale.
- Within or throw the same from a motor vehicle, or place or throw the same into or at a motor vehicle, or at or near any person or group of people.
- Within 300 feet of any gasoline pump, gasoline filling station or any non-permanent structure where fireworks are stored, sold or offered for sale; or within 300 feet of any structure which is marked according to the National Fire Protection Association's Hazardous Material Identification System as "flammable" or "water reactive".
Fireworks may only be used, ignited and/or discharged at the following times:
- From 10:00 P.M. on December 31st until 1:00 A.M. on January 1st; and
- From 10:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. each day during the period of June 26th to July 2nd and on July 5th; and
- From 10:00 A.M.to 12:00 A.M. (Midnight) each day on July 3rd and July 4th.
Thank you for respecting these rules and keeping our community safe!