Riverside Police Department
The Riverside Police Department exists for the purpose of protecting life and preserving property with impartiality, for the citizens and visitors of the Riverside community.
The Department will act, without hesitation, to preserve and enforce the Constitution of the United States of America, the State of Missouri and ordinances of the City of Riverside.
The Department is committed to modeling excellence of service by means of teamwork, integrity, transparency and a strong enthusiasm for mission accomplishment.
Honor to Serve...Duty to Protect
Police Department Overview
The Riverside Police Department provides comprehensive law enforcement services to a suburban community located northwest of downtown Kansas City, Missouri in southern Platte County. In addition to providing services to residential and commercial areas, Riverside also has a riverboat casino and hotel complex, a large high school, twelve apartment complexes, and four large business parks. The Department is progressive by design and embraces the concept of Problem Oriented Policing.
The law enforcement role of the Department lies with two divisions: Patrol and Administration.
- The Patrol Division consists of four squads assigned to road patrols.
- The Administrative Division comprises the Office of the Chief, Criminal Investigations, a state of the art Communications Unit and Records Unit.
The Department maintains an intensive in-house training program that provides the basis for the following specialized units:
- Tactical Response
- SWAT/Hostage Negotiations/Crisis Intervention
- Drug Enforcement
- Unit/Drug Recognition
- Community Outreach Programs
- School Resource Officer/Crimefree Unit/Self Defense
- Crime Scene/Detective Unit
- ATV/Motorcycle/Accident Reconstruction
- Firearms/Defensive Tactics